Posts tagged with “minecraft-server”
Minecraft 1.0 is out and the server is currently running in adventure-only mode with 1.0 and a brand new world. Creative and possibly old adventure world will be restored when Bukkit has become stable for 1.0. For now enjoy new 1.0 terrain, enchanting, potions (ugh so hard to get ingredients) and more. The large base near spawn contains storage, enchanting table, and brewing stand in the basement.08:55 PM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
Quick update that the Minecraft server is now updated to 1.8. The only world available is adventure and its nether, creative won't come back until the mods are updated to work with 1.8.
If you want to go to new 1.8 based terrain, just journey a ways from our current area and you should find the border of the current world, with hot new terrain ahead. Just check out the map to get an idea what direction you might want to head.
Now go hug an enderman.10:01 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
I just finished a substantial update to the minecraft server. Most of the changes are under the surface, the biggest might be the fixing of nether portals. Here's a list of all the changes:
- New permissions system (modified official plugin to store in MongoDB, old one wasn't updated)
- Updated MultiVerse plugin, both creative_nether and adventure_nether portals will work
- New UserStats plugin I wrote, replaces jfrobot's user tracking
- Jfrobot is gone, jfmc is taking care of join/disc & chat now
- Minor updates to other plugins
- New world border placed in adventure until 1.8 is out
The new world border in adventure makes the world look something like this:
This will just keep us where we are and give us more area that'll hopefully feature new 1.8 biomes once it's out. I believe all existing structures should be within the border too. Feel free to chime in with any questions or suggestions in the comments section or on the IRC channel.
Update: Forgot to mention, warps & home plugins are unavailable for now until I find a replacement I'm happy with. Ones I used to use are now inactive.01:28 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
Enabled new markers on the maps to mark where online players are located. Should see a marker with skin matching the player too.
Here's an example of me located near steve's island house:
10:51 AM | Tags: minecraft, minecraft-server
I just enabled a new mod that will let players lock their chests, furnaces and other similar items. You might find this useful if you want to keep your private chest in your home area safe from nosey people. This also lets us control who can access chests, allowing us to prevent access to public chests by new players. The protections work on anything that holds inventory and doors too.
- /cpublic - anybody can access it, but can't put their own protection on it
- /cprivate - locks it only to you, you can add others with codify
- /cmodify - modifies protection on an item, you can add a person: /cmodify jfro
- /cinfo - Tells you who owns it and if you have access
- /cremove - Removes a protection you own from the item
Most of these commands will ask you to punch the item you want to apply them to after entering the command. Please keep private chests in private locations. Let me know what you think and if you have questions.08:48 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft