Posts tagged with “gaming” and “minecraft”
Minecraft 1.0 is out and the server is currently running in adventure-only mode with 1.0 and a brand new world. Creative and possibly old adventure world will be restored when Bukkit has become stable for 1.0. For now enjoy new 1.0 terrain, enchanting, potions (ugh so hard to get ingredients) and more. The large base near spawn contains storage, enchanting table, and brewing stand in the basement.08:55 PM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
Quick update that the Minecraft server is now updated to 1.8. The only world available is adventure and its nether, creative won't come back until the mods are updated to work with 1.8.
If you want to go to new 1.8 based terrain, just journey a ways from our current area and you should find the border of the current world, with hot new terrain ahead. Just check out the map to get an idea what direction you might want to head.
Now go hug an enderman.10:01 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
I just finished a substantial update to the minecraft server. Most of the changes are under the surface, the biggest might be the fixing of nether portals. Here's a list of all the changes:
- New permissions system (modified official plugin to store in MongoDB, old one wasn't updated)
- Updated MultiVerse plugin, both creative_nether and adventure_nether portals will work
- New UserStats plugin I wrote, replaces jfrobot's user tracking
- Jfrobot is gone, jfmc is taking care of join/disc & chat now
- Minor updates to other plugins
- New world border placed in adventure until 1.8 is out
The new world border in adventure makes the world look something like this:
This will just keep us where we are and give us more area that'll hopefully feature new 1.8 biomes once it's out. I believe all existing structures should be within the border too. Feel free to chime in with any questions or suggestions in the comments section or on the IRC channel.
Update: Forgot to mention, warps & home plugins are unavailable for now until I find a replacement I'm happy with. Ones I used to use are now inactive.01:28 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
I just made live a change to the minecraft server that provides ability to have multiple worlds. There is now a new world called 'adventure' that is setup to be typical survival gameplay with no cheating type commands.
We'll eventually setup some nice portals you can walk through to switch between worlds, but for now you can switch via new commands:
/mvlist - lists available worlds (includes the nethers) /mvtp [world] - teleports to specified world's spawn
Inventories are separate, health isn't supposed to be shared but for now seems to be. Creative world now also heals you over time. Let me know if there's any commands not working right or any other issues. Hope this works out well.12:49 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, gaming, minecraft
So I'm going to start posting news/updates about the Minecraft server I maintain so those that use it can have a way to keep tabs on what's happening. This will also eventually be sourced to the server's home page, probably in a small news sidebar. To start, here's a brief summary of the status of things and possible things to come.
- Server is now on 1.7.3, fixes some leaks and other bugs.
- Server home page now shows time played, this data started a week or two ago
- Anybody new can connect & visit, but approval required for build access
Possible Future Plans
- MultiVerse: Creative & Adventure/Survival worlds (portals bridging between, possible teleport command access)
- Economy: There's some interesting economy plugins, can allow for selling of items and getting money to buy tools & other items
- Accounts: Pondering building simple accounts in web site to easily donate & automatically get some bonuses
Update: I went ahead and made any new users not have build permissions, let me know if there's issues or if you want access.
Server Home Page: mc.jfro.me07:20 PM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming