Archive of September 2011
Quick update that the Minecraft server is now updated to 1.8. The only world available is adventure and its nether, creative won't come back until the mods are updated to work with 1.8.
If you want to go to new 1.8 based terrain, just journey a ways from our current area and you should find the border of the current world, with hot new terrain ahead. Just check out the map to get an idea what direction you might want to head.
Now go hug an enderman.10:01 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming
I just finished a substantial update to the minecraft server. Most of the changes are under the surface, the biggest might be the fixing of nether portals. Here's a list of all the changes:
- New permissions system (modified official plugin to store in MongoDB, old one wasn't updated)
- Updated MultiVerse plugin, both creative_nether and adventure_nether portals will work
- New UserStats plugin I wrote, replaces jfrobot's user tracking
- Jfrobot is gone, jfmc is taking care of join/disc & chat now
- Minor updates to other plugins
- New world border placed in adventure until 1.8 is out
The new world border in adventure makes the world look something like this:
This will just keep us where we are and give us more area that'll hopefully feature new 1.8 biomes once it's out. I believe all existing structures should be within the border too. Feel free to chime in with any questions or suggestions in the comments section or on the IRC channel.
Update: Forgot to mention, warps & home plugins are unavailable for now until I find a replacement I'm happy with. Ones I used to use are now inactive.01:28 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming