Archive of July 2011
I just made live a change to the minecraft server that provides ability to have multiple worlds. There is now a new world called 'adventure' that is setup to be typical survival gameplay with no cheating type commands.
We'll eventually setup some nice portals you can walk through to switch between worlds, but for now you can switch via new commands:
/mvlist - lists available worlds (includes the nethers) /mvtp [world] - teleports to specified world's spawn
Inventories are separate, health isn't supposed to be shared but for now seems to be. Creative world now also heals you over time. Let me know if there's any commands not working right or any other issues. Hope this works out well.12:49 AM | Tags: minecraft-server, gaming, minecraft
So I'm going to start posting news/updates about the Minecraft server I maintain so those that use it can have a way to keep tabs on what's happening. This will also eventually be sourced to the server's home page, probably in a small news sidebar. To start, here's a brief summary of the status of things and possible things to come.
- Server is now on 1.7.3, fixes some leaks and other bugs.
- Server home page now shows time played, this data started a week or two ago
- Anybody new can connect & visit, but approval required for build access
Possible Future Plans
- MultiVerse: Creative & Adventure/Survival worlds (portals bridging between, possible teleport command access)
- Economy: There's some interesting economy plugins, can allow for selling of items and getting money to buy tools & other items
- Accounts: Pondering building simple accounts in web site to easily donate & automatically get some bonuses
Update: I went ahead and made any new users not have build permissions, let me know if there's issues or if you want access.
Server Home Page: mc.jfro.me07:20 PM | Tags: minecraft-server, minecraft, gaming