Archive of August 2009
So I recently took Shaun's Lessn and extended it a bit. I was not using MySQL for one, and also I wanted stats (and so did others). It's a pretty quick and dirty hack to lessn but so far seems to be working good. I added an install.php that will just run the needed SQL queries to set it up too, you can do install.php?start=1 if you already have regular lessn installed. This should execute the stats table creation queries along with adding a custom url field to the existing urls table.
- PHP 5.1+ with PDO (typical on most hosts, but probably missing drivers on say your local OS X machine)
- MySQL or PostgreSQL (SQLite is probably easily doable)
- Upload it, make sure .htaccess is included if you use apache
- Edit -/config.php to reflect your database settings & admin user/pass prefrences
- Run install by visiting http://example.com/install.php
- If upgrading from regular lessn, http://example.com/install.php?start=1
Source02:32 PM | Tags: php
I'm starting over with my blog, mostly because I looked it over and all the old posts were pretty badly broken. I might bring back any specific posts that aren't outdated and actually useful, but probably only by request. I've started trying home brewing beer so I'll definitely be trying to blog a little about that as I've already brewed 2 different beers.
I'm also now on slicehost which seems to be pretty slick, hopefully the limits are reasonable for my needs. I primarily got it for hosting buttered-cat though, which will move over once the web site software I'm working on is finished.
Back to finishing another post for later :)10:32 PM | Tags: general